- Check if you need to provide a workplace pension and set-up a pension scheme.
- For health and safety, either in the workplace or at home HSE: Information about health and safety at work
- For free and impartial information on workplace relations and employment law, Acas provides useful support.
- To build a diverse and inclusive business, the Diversity & Inclusion toolkit will provide useful guidance.
- If you have an idea, product or service that is unique, consider intellectual property protection. Use the Intellectual Property Office tool Intellectual Property Office – IP Health Check (ipo.gov.uk) to check what you need to do
- Consider whether you need to run the business from separate premises. A few options include using commercial property agents in your preferred locations with an outline of your requirements, us of online property sites such as Zoopla, Rightmove and Property Link or hire a chartered surveyor to search for you. For more information visit www.rics.org
- Think about your cyber security and how to protect your business. Great guidance is available from the National Cyber Security Centre NCSC.GOV.UK
- Could your product or service be supplied overseas? Investigate exporting opportunities from the moment you start your business. Check how to import or export goods – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
What else do I need to consider when starting my business?
Access your support
Business is easier when you have help. Our support guides and resources cover key aspects of starting, running and growing a business. We’re funded by Government and work in Berkshire, so have knowledge of local and national offers that can support you.
Create your profile
Creating a profile gives you direct access to our support guides, tailored resources, Marketplace listing and more.
Browse our support guides
Offering you concise, up to date information, supporting you at any business stage.
Access tailored resources
Providing you full access to our detailed resources that are tailored to your business needs.